Click this button

Foxy People

Sunday, February 26, 2012

#319 - The Lion King

Poster Source
The Lion King
Directed by Roger Allers/Rob Minkoff
June 24, 1994
319 on the List



Tonight's movie is mostly a tribute, and less a pseudo-review, because I feel like everyone has seen this one. All people. Also because I'm flirting dangerously with betraying your trust again, as today is seven days since the last time that I posted nine days late. I'm reliable, no?

I picked this one as a slight nod to the Academy Awards tonight. They showed a short clip of a handful of film stars recalling the first movie experience they ever had, and the impact it had on their lives. So here's mine. The Lion King was the first movie I ever saw in theaters and thus was the gateway drug that led to my quite healthy addiction. It even won a couple Oscars, a few Golden Globes, and an Annie or two. And who knows what that last one is.

This is one that I will be raising my kids on, as I was. Because, frankly, I turned out awesome.

Thanks, Mom and Dad. Thanks, cartoon jungle cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Sometimes I make blogposts.