Click this button

Foxy People

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

#9 - Pulp Fiction

Poster Source

Pulp Fiction
Directed by Quentin Tarantino
October 14, 1994



Pulp Fiction is the best movie you should never watch with your grandmother. I say that under the assumption that your various Gam-Gams all enjoy The Godfather and Inception.

There are so many quotable moments from this movie that if you've ever seen it, you just thought of three.

I'm not even sure where to start with this film, as I've seen it a thousand times. But to counteract that, I happened to watch it last night with my roommate who promptly pointed out two things I'd never noticed before, and were most certainly purposefully orchestrated by Tarantino. The ability of this movie's script to be drilled into the mind of someone, in the same way the lyrics to American Pie were but in a much more pleasant and purposeful way, and still reveal things every time you watch it is astounding.

I still am continuously captivated by Tarantino's way with words. His dialogues are always mesmerizing, and considering he originally planned on being an author, one can see why this is a strong-suit. One can also ponder why he doesn't then dish out a best-selling novel, so even the Amish can revel in wacky violence - but hey, I just write the blog posts.

I really do love this film, its sequence is brilliantly arranged - a particular moment involving a Mr. Vincent Vega reminds us that Tarantino giveth, and Tarantino taketh away. Then Tarantino ...giveth again.

Though certain scenes, mostly just the overdose situation, are something to bat an eye at - furiously, even - the rest is a genuine masterpiece that will stand the test of sensitive stomached girlfriends everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Sometimes I make blogposts.