Click this button

Foxy People

Thursday, March 15, 2012

#211 - Moulin Rouge!

Poster Source

Moulin Rouge!
Directed by Baz Luhrmann
June 1, 2001



Man, it's been ten days already? I do have a good excuse, though.

I got a job! With my roommate and my girlfriend! At Zaxby's! Don't you dare eat there an hour before it closes!

But yes, I'm still in the overwhelming training phase, so instead of returning home to post about films, I mostly just lie around, lusting for a gift only Dr. Scholl can give.

Ah, Scholl.


So that's why I've hit yet another stretch. Even though I don't think anyone was affected, as I'm not sure many people are reading this. I bet most of you are just skimming over the titles. So I'll test it, now. The following is the most boring thing I could find online, copied and pasted right here. Right below this sentence.

---------------------------

In a hurry to reach my friend K., I made the mistake of calling him on his mobile phone...
It's hard to keep track. Because my friend A., who frequently sends text messages, somehow fails to recognize that she might receive them as well...
But not with my friend D. Between his two mobile phones, two office phones and one home phone, you can never know which number to try...
My friend M. was recently reacquainted with an in-box unattended for a year. It was stuffed with hundreds of unread messages...
My friend J. and I like to talk on the phone, but only after she has sent me a gmail to propose a gchat, during which we determine if a call is actually warranted and whether I should use her home, mobile, main office or satellite office number...
My friend E. just texted, two days after my text. "Didn't see it," she reports.
---------------------
Not sure what that proved. Except maybe if, the next time I see you, you mention how hilarious that wasn't. Then I'll know. I'll know you care.

Moving on - today is Moulin Rouge!

Moulin Rouge! is the best musical I've ever seen. Unless A Very Potter Musical counts, and you know what? It does.

Moulin Rouge! is the best musical I've ever seen that is not A Very Potter Musical, and for that it should be acknowledged.

That trailer up there does a terrible job of doing the movie justice. I, for one, have always hated the "IN A WORLD..." deep voice trailer guy - and golly is he cheesin' it in that trailer.

Not much else to say, except that I promise I will work harder at showing this blog more attention. Not that I have a choice.

Oh, before I go, I was asked to mention Romeo + Juliet.

There.

Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Sometimes I make blogposts.